My name is Erin Replogle. This is my 2nd year at WCHS as the school counselor for 9th grade students. I spent 5 years as an elementary school counselor in White County at BonDeCroft Elementary and Cassville Elementary schools. My role as a school counselor is to assist students with their academic, career, and social/emotional needs to help ensure everyone has a successful school year.
Focus on Freshmen
- Your FRESHMAN year is a time for NEW BEGINNINGS. This is an opportunity for you to experience and accomplish many things.
- Develop and maintain new friendships. Join a new club or sport. Start a high GPA.
- It's never too early to start planning for life after high school.
Ways to Start Getting College-Ready in 9th Grade
- Get to know your school counselor.
- Keep your grades up--all grades NOW count towards your GPA.
- Talk to your teachers and counselor about honors-level courses available.
- Be mindful of choosing classes geared towards future career choices.
- Create a resume and keep it updated with awards and honors, activities, and volunteer work. You will need this type of information for college and scholarship applications.