- American Literature Units: Native American, Early America, Civil War, Romanticism, Naturalism & Realism, Of Mice and Men (novella)
- Authors: Patrick Henry, Abraham Lincoln, Sojourner Truth, Thomas Jefferson, Walt Whitman, Emily Dickinson, Mark Twain, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, Edgar Allan Poe, John Steinbeck, etc.
- Remind 101
- Apps for ACT prep
- Google Classroom
- Beginning in the 2015-16 school year, TNReady will become the state’s new and improved TCAP test for English language arts and math in grades 3-11. It will provide us with more and better information about our students’ progress. The new TNReady TCAP tests are designed to assess true student understanding and not just basic memorization and test-taking skills. TNReady will measure student understanding of our current state standards in English language arts and math, not the previous SPIs.
- See more at: https://www.tn.gov/education/topic/tnready#sthash.Hw5YYQRv.dpuf
Collaboration with U.S. History
- ENG III and U.S. History teachers collaborate in order to tie together time-specific events and the literature that complements it. As a result, students gain a more in-depth understanding of the events that inspired some of the greatest documents, speeches, and literary gems that molded the land of the free and the home of the brave.